OHS at work and in hot weather
The work of an operator of construction machines - excavators, backhoe loaders, mini excavators, loaders and other equipment is associated with a high responsibility, not only for your own safety, but also for the condition of the machine and other people who are nearby. The greatest risk occurs when working in difficult conditions and when working on uneven ground. Properly observed health and safety regulations reduce the risk of danger and the work runs smoothly and without failure.
Safety depends mainly on the approach and the way the operator works, therefore his duties include:
- work sober without the influence of stimulants and intoxicants,
- work in good physical and mental condition, which will be confirmed by medical examinations,
- undergo training in the field of OHS and Technical and Movement Documentation (training in the use of equipment), and before starting work, read the detailed documentation and instructions,
- use personal protective equipment and workwear that can be purchased in our store. There are T-shirts in various sizes, vests and reflective bands or baseball caps that protect against the sun. (store: https://serwis-kop.pl/pl/433-strefa-fana),
- use seat belts,
- react to warning signals and instructions from the cabin,
- keep the machine at least 3m away from electrical cables,
- keep warning notices, steps and the cabin clean,
- before starting work, he should check the condition of the machine and refill the fuel in the tank completely,
- do not transport additional people in the cabin,
- do not turn off the engine immediately after intensive work, wait about 5 minutes,
- when driving on the road, use only the front wheel steering.
IT IS STRONGLY FORBIDDEN:
- smoking cigarettes with a damaged air-conditioner system!
- starting the machine with ether!
- stepping over the towing rope!
- moving loads over vehicles and people!
- repairing anything in a running machine!
- admitting persons who do not have the appropriate qualifications to the machine!
The weather conditions are an additional obstacle for the operator of construction machinery. Very often, it is work in very high or low temperatures, to which the machine and work clothes must be properly adjusted. In hot weather, you should especially remember to drink plenty of water, cover your head and use cosmetics with UV filters. With frequent entry and exit from the cabin, the possibility of colds and sunstrokes increases, so it is worth adjusting the air conditioning settings to the weather. It is recommended that the temperature difference between the room and the outside should not exceed 6 degrees, and the temperature in the air-conditioned room should not be lower than 24 degrees.
Above are only the most important rules that should be followed when working with construction machinery. More detailed provisions should be included in the Health and Safety Instructions included in each machine. Failure to comply with these rules may lead to many dangerous and even life-threatening situations, so it is worth getting acquainted with the full versions. Following all recommendations will make working with construction machinery not only pleasant, but also completely safe both in winter and summer.
An extremely important aspect to keep the machine in good condition is to select only high-quality spare parts from reliable suppliers. We offer such an assortment immediately. Spare parts suitable for JCB, CAT, Case, Komatsu, Volvo and New Holland construction machines - excavators, backhoe loaders, mini excavators, telescopic loaders and other machines. Consumable parts, engine parts, transmission parts, hydraulic and electrical components, cabin and chassis parts, parts of the cooling and braking systems, elements of the arms' shift and rotation. In addition, pins and bushings, steering rods, shafts and tracks, attachments for all construction machinery and tooth systems. Reaching for proven parts, suitable for JCB, CAT, Case, Komatsu, Volvo and New Holland construction machines from our offer, guarantees that the machine will be kept in good technical condition for many years and safe in everyday work.
WE OFFER PRODUCTS OF THE BEST BRANDS
ul. Podkarpacka 57A, 35-082 Rzeszow
Tax ID: 813-352-97-49 REGON: 180286726
Telephone support - Monday - Friday (08:00 - 17:00)
Order pick-up - Monday - Friday (08:00 - 16:30)
GG: 4185846 - Daniel
GG: 9078906 - Tomasz
+48 17 864 31 00
+48 17 864 00 24
+48 17 864 25 96
+48 17 864 31 20